"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, February 17, 2011

When It's Okay to Take Candy from Strangers

Today was good, real good. I don't know why, nor do I care. It is what it is. All this in spite of the fact that my alarm didn't go off this morning and I was almost late to class. Attendance here is pretty strict, at least for langue (the equivalent of American homeroom). If you miss, you have to notify the secrétariat. I'm not sure how strict the other classes are, but if you miss exams or quizzes you can't make them up, so I'm not willing to test it.

Also, I got cat-called on the way to school. I was baffled because I wasn't wearing any make-up, like whatchu lookin' at? For real, not much, boys. I'm disgusting.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. After my first class, Liana, Amy, and I had a long break so we hit up our favorite pasta place for lunch. They put crème fraiche in everything so it's extra terrible for you (read: extra dank). The little chef is adorable and so friendly. He gave us free candy after we finished and wished us a bonne journée.

Tonight we might be getting drinks. I could really use an overpriced Long Island Iced Tea, but we'll see what happens.

Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment