"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Less-Than-Romantic Valentine's Day in France

As far as Valentine's Day goes, today has been pretty depressing. I'm in France on the most romantic holiday of the year, but alas, my boyfriend and I are separated by an ocean. Le sigh.

I didn't get out of class until 6 PM, but I was finally placed into the right courses. I'm taking histoire de l'art, phonétique, langue, and histore de France, which has already proved baffling. Today I sat silently begging the professor not to call on me. At which point I would have either projectile vomited or burst into tears.

Oh, well. I actually have homework tonight. Last week's homework was real cute, but this seems a little more legit. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment