"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

M. Sarkozy, Please Renew My Visa 'Cause I'm Not Going Home

So the title is a lie. I do miss everyone, but tonight was one of those nights where I thought, Holy shit. I'm in France and I never want to leave. It's kind of like being in love.

After classes (which I still haven't been able to change), I ate paninis with my friends and Leah and I browsed through French lingerie and tried our first macaroons. They were soft, cool, and sweet like ice cream. So fragile and delicious.

Later, I returned home to rest, finish my ten minutes of homework (read: joke), and Skype Dylan. Nikki messaged me and said she wanted to go out so we went for dinner and ate pizza. I had two glasses of wine. I'm not sure if my tolerance has gone down or if it was the previous two glasses of chardonnay I had had earlier, but I was buzzin' when we left. I hope my friends appreciate my tipsy texts sent at 2 PM American Eastern Time.

As I've stated before, I love meeting people but I hate small talk. Tonight was great because the two of us could talk about our lives back home. What we missed, what we didn't miss, who we missed...I had a rather warm feeling as I stumbled home, weaving my way through the dog merde dans les rues.

No comments:

Post a Comment