"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Live and Learn, and Then Get Excited

When I first started communicating with my host family I told them I was exictée to meet them. I said this several times via email and Berry always responded with we are "ravis" to meet you too. I didn't understand why she didn't use excités, but I soon learned from example to not use that word.

Today I learned why. Apparently, you only use exciter to express sexual arousal. So basically I've been going around saying that I'm sexually aroused by France. This may or not be true, but God knows I shouldn't be yelling that.

Ah, well. I guess you live and learn. People make all kinds of stupid mistakes when they move abroad. It's just part of the learning process.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah ohh dear Gabi, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm I used to go around saying I was "plein" which is slang for pregnant hahah.

    ReplyDelete