"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm Going to Have the Best Legs in Europe

Today I ate ham. That's how much I love this country (I'm a vegetarian.). My family made a ham and cheese quiche and I didn't want to be rude. I also didn't turn down an offering of wine. They haven't charged me for any meals yet, so I'm definitely thankful for that. One thing I'm noticing about the French though is that they eat très vite. At least my family does. I'll be halfway done with my meal and they'll have cleaned their plates. I find it humorous because back home I was always the quick eater. Now I can't keep up.

Also, I've been walking. A LOT. I don't mean to boast or complain but I'm just not used to walking this much. Yesterday I walked for five hours around town and today I averaged about seven. On my way home I could barely walk in a straight line. My legs hurt so bad I thought they'd buckle. Oh, well. Hopefully I'll be very mince when I return to the States! But then again Nutella is part of the French food pyramid so maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment