"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Starving Myself Will Make the Europeans Think I'm Less of an American

I'm very excited because my boyfriend applied for his passport today. He should be visiting me in April with my mom, and we're going to Paris for the second half of my spring break. Last night I realized he would be here for our six month anniversary! How's that for a celebration!? I haven't had a relationship last more than four months so this will be a big deal...ha.

In another news, M. thinks I'm anorexic. He's always teasing me about how little I eat and how my mother's gonna be displeased about me being so skinny. Lord, I wish he could see all the junk I eat at lunch. But here's the thing: I'm paranoid to eat in front of the French because I'm worried they'll relate my eating habits to my nationality. Ugh. All those Americans eat so much. No wonder she's so fat. When I came to France, I wanted to be as thin as possible so I wouldn't fulfill any stupid stereotypes. I know this is just my insecurities talking and the French really don't care, but it's always in the back of my mind.

Finally, my professor gave me the okay to change my courses. She told me my comprehension was très bien and I could go above the 311-level if I chose. I can't decide which credits will transfer to UNCA so I guess I'll look into that tomorrow. THEN IT'S THE WEEKEND. I hope to go out and party this weekend because staying in has given me cabin fever the past few nights. Oh, the French also enjoy torturing their students by giving them all 8:00 AM classes on Friday, the morning after college night. Pourquoi, France?!

No comments:

Post a Comment