"When good Americans die, they go to Paris." - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Being Anita Ekberg for a Night

I stayed up until 2:30 this morning watching UNCA play in the NCAA, and we won! While I'm not a die-hard basketball fan, I enjoy a good game when Duke's playing (read: spanking) Chapel Hill, and my boyfriend has made me more interested since he's UNCA's basketball manager. He told me I'd get to see him on national TV if I watched, so I did. I squealed each time he walked by the camera. Silly, but I felt like I was dating a celebrity. :)

When we won the game in overtime, I jumped up and down and tried not to wake my sleeping family. I felt so alone when I saw everyone's FB statuses back home and knew they were all huddled in the Grotto and donning their blue UNCA attire. However, that loneliness subsided when I trekked to class at 8 AM this morning on four hours of sleep. Lien and I received stellar grades on our phonétique exams. We grabbed each other and screamed when we received our tests. The two of us had literally pulled out our notes three minutes before the exam on Wednesday. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

During our lunch period we booked our Spring Break flight to Greece and our weekend in Nice in May. The only sucky aspect of our Greece flight is the 8-hour layover in Rome. It's overnight too, so we'll arrive around midnight and trek to the Colosseum. Apparently the Trevi Fountain will be deserted at that time, and maybe we can pull a Dolce Vita and wade through the water. Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment